"Make new friends but keep the old."
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Today I finished the quilt from yesterday's post.
Since I didn't want to bore you with yet another picture of it,
I decided to wait until it is bound and show you then.
Other than finishing the quilt, nothing much that was picture-worthy happened today
so here is a picture of everyday life.
As Lucy has pointed out in the past, sometimes "real" ironing has to get done.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
All my pieces have been pressed and I have begun removing all the old threads.
I am working on a microfiber cloth.
This cloth grabs the threads and does not let go until you take them off.
It is working out wonderfully at controlling the potential mess.
I also have one by my sewing machine to catch thread clippings.
Monday, May 25, 2015
Sunday, May 24, 2015
Friday, May 22, 2015
Thursday, May 21, 2015
I have had EQ7 for a long time.
I have not been able to use it though since I bought my Mac.
They finally came out with a Mac friendly version
and offer an EQ migration kit which I finally ordered.
I received it in the mail yesterday.
I hope it is easy to install.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
I like to make lists but when I really need to get things done,
I just make a list of three.
Three always seems so doable.
When I am done with three, I will make another list of three.
So when I saw this wire basket with "3" on it, I knew just what to do with it.
It will hold the next three quilting/sewing projects.
I need help staying focused.
This should help.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Monday, May 18, 2015
Sunday, May 17, 2015
Saturday, May 16, 2015
This strip set was a breeze to cut with my new ruler,
I bought it while I was in Paducah along with the smaller rectangle version.
It is so easy to read.
I can see it becoming a favorite, go-to ruler.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Wednesday, May 13, 2015
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
The quilt I was taking apart is taken apart.
In taking it apart I have discovered that it was not holes in the quilt that the previous owner was trying to fix with the giant tucks she had taken.
The culprit is the muslin used in the blocks.
It is so loosely woven that when the previous owner washed the top (a really bad idea)
all the seams pulled apart.
I have decided to take the individual blocks apart
and replace the muslin with a better quality muslin.
And so the ripping continues.
Monday, May 11, 2015
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Saturday, May 9, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
Thursday, May 7, 2015
A couple weeks ago on our way to Paducah, I purchased this antique quilt top.
It has some serious issues from some former "fixes" that someone has done.
At first I thought I could just take out and really fix the few four-patches that needed the most help.
As I have started to look at it more closely, I have come to the conclusion
that the whole thing needs to come apart and be put back together.
I will be working on this in the evenings,
at my weekly quilting meetings, and here and there between other projects.
I imagine this might take me quite a long time.
From time to time I'll let you know how it is going.