Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Day 300 of 2016

1.  I am clearly distractible.  
The socks I am knitting are still not done but 
I had to start a quick, seed stitch cowl.
2.  I can't leave well enough alone. 
I thought the cowl needed to be wider at one end so I did a row of increases 
but now don't like the way it messed up the neat look of the pattern. 
3.  I know how to fix things.
Run a contrasting yarn through the row you'd like to go back to. 
Remove the needle and pull the offending rows out.  
Begin knitting again as if it never happened.
4.  All is well.

1 comment:

  1. You made my day. What a brilliant idea. I don't do much knitting so maybe this is a common known fact. I usually get frustrated and start completely over when I try to pull out rows of stitches to a certain point. Thanks for the thread tip!!!

    ReplyDelete