Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Day 174 of 2021

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
I've removed the table top from its base and began the stripping process. 
This is coat number two and it is going well. 
I'll need more product because I've decided to strip the underside also
 since this is a drop leaf table and the underside may be visible at times. 
There is also some damage to the center of this top
 which I have researched for a solution. 
I think I know how it happened, what to do to fix it 
and how to prevent it from happening again, 
but I think I may go talk to some experts at the woodworking store
 for additional opinions. 
This project looks like it will take a little longer than anticipated, 
but I think it will be worth it in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment