Thursday, March 31, 2022

Day 90 of 2022

I own scraps from most of the quilting and other sewing projects
 I have made over the years. 
I have heard and read about many ways to organize scraps
 including keeping bins of certain sizes of cut pieces. 
This seemed like a reasonable method which I implemented
 until I found that I never use the scraps in that manner.
 I decided to sort them the way I like to see my fabrics- by color. 
I have sorted them into various plastic bins and baskets of the appropriate colors. 
I love this system but still have scraps in all sorts of other places. 
I finally found containers that were consistent in shape and size
 and with a few exceptions, in all the colors I need. 
So today I have started gathering all the fabric scraps from their various places
 and sorting into my new bins. 
In the process I came across this selection. 
These are from a favorite quilt top I made but is not quilted yet. 
Seeing these scraps made me very happy. 
I will be making the quilting of it a priority. 
I'll show you when I do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment