Friday, July 7, 2023

Day 188 of 2023

I made great progress on my socks today, 
but this is my second start on the heel flap. 
The first attempt started out well, 
but I found that I had started it a couple sections early and had to begin again. 
On the second try, I found that I had dropped two stitches a few rows back
 and had to tear back again.  
It is impossible to know if I have it set up correctly
 considering the very dark yarn, the low light 
and the vision problems I have with my left eye.
I wish this picture would more accurately convey how dark it feels. 
I'm seriously thinking about tearing the entire heel out 
and starting over again with a lighter, bright color...tomorrow.
Stay tuned.

 

1 comment:

  1. Let me say that I totally understand knitting with dark colors while having a vision issue. I have Giant Cell Arteritis (Rheumatoid Arthritis causing inflammation in the arteries) which took the vision in my right eye in March of 2022. It's a whole new whole while trying to do most anything while depending on just one eye. Medications have now brought my inflammation level down to normal range, however the sight will never return in the right eye. I am extremely grateful to have the vision in the left eye. As they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete