Friday, March 1, 2024

Day 61 of 2024

My brain is all over the place today. 
I wanted to go upstairs and cut the new pieces I need to swap a color in my temperature quilt 
and also look for an appropriate fabric to fussy cut for the February window. 
But wait, first I need to clean up the dishes from dinner. Ok, done. 
But wait, I forgot I have fabric in the washer that needs to be put in the dryer
 and fabric that needs to go into the washer. 
Fabric? Oh, yeah. I bought a cute kit for a Halloween table runner
 that I'd like to be ready to make so I'm preparing the fabric. 
Oh, yeah, the pattern was missing a page and I contacted the maker
 to see if I could get the missing page.
 Let me check my email to see if she wrote me back. 
I finally got upstairs and remembered 
that I wanted to look for the knitting needles that I need
 to start a Halloween hat for which I bought a kit last weekend. 
I found four of the one size I need and none of the other. 
I weigh the pros and cons of just using the one size that I found. 
I read through the pattern again and am very confused by the sizing and gauge. 
I do some math to see if I can make it work anyway. 
My conclusion is to cast on and see what happens. 
I pick the shiniest of the needles as the yarn will slide best on it. 
I begin the cast on and the first round with the black yarn provided 
and realize I will need my light to see. 
I set up my neck light and now I have a terrible glare 
from the light hitting the shiny needle. 
I will stop for the night and knit the next round onto one of the other three needles
 which will hopefully not create a glare. 
Now it's very late and I just remembered that I need to go switch the laundry again.
How did I start my evening? Oh, yeah, I need to cut out new fabric. 
Maybe tomorrow.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear - I hope your Saturday is a more straightforward day!!

    ReplyDelete