Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Day 38 of 2017

Both the first and last times I posted about this blanket were in 2014.  
It is GB#3's welcome to the world blanket.  
He will be three in June. 
In August of 2014 I was just about finished with the body of it with just the borders left to do. 
That is where the progress stopped.  
I ran into quite a stumbling block as I tried to figure out how to border this.  
Because it is done in stockinette stitch, the side edges curl to the back 
and the top and bottom edges curl to the front.  
I have tried two different edge treatments without success.  
Being stumped as to what to do, I put it away, evidently for nearly 2 1/2 years.  
Tonight I took it to my quilting meeting to try again.  
After some brainstorming, I think I have come up with a suitable solution.  
So now it is time to swatch a little to figure out the correct needle size 
and whether I will use single or double yarn.  
As always, I appreciate you wishing me luck 
and hoping that the third time really is a charm.

2 comments: