Friday, August 3, 2018

Day 215 of 2018

As you know by now, if you have been reading my blog for a while, 
I love hot air balloons. 
To kick off the beginning of the State Fair, 
the traditional Giant Hot Air Balloon Race took place this morning.  
I had not intended to go chase the balloons this year, 
but rather was going to just wait to see if they came near my house 
and get some pictures overhead if they did.  
As luck would have it, 
they did come very near and Fireball alerted me of such activity.  
I did see a glimpse of one balloon from my driveway 
but it disappeared behind the trees 
so I hopped into the car, camera in hand, 
and drove in the direction I knew they were heading.  
Almost right away 
I found several of the balloons landing in a clearing behind the grocery store.  
Since I tend to post the overhead shots frequently,
 I thought I would go with the deflating process for today's picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment