Friday, January 24, 2020

Day 24 of 2020

This sweatshirt is Fireball's. 
It's a hand-me-down. 
I wish I had taken a before picture, but I forgot.
Believe me when I tell you that this 'V" opening in the front
 is a huge improvement from its previous condition. 
A former owner cut it down the front and then proceeded to try to tame the edges
 by turning them under and putting globs of glue all over it. 
The glue was all over the back side and the front. 
There was also lots of weird zigzag stitching,
 including the odd spot resulting in the small tuck at the bottom. 
How uncomfortable and unattractive! 
I have no idea how Fireball could stand to wear it. 
So this long story ends with me trimming out some of the larger chunks of glue 
and then stitching some t-shirt ribbing I had on hand 
that actually matched the color over the rest of the slashed and glued edge. 
Fireball owns a second sweatshirt that has suffered a similar, 
but even more troublesome, neckline fate. 
I'll show you the results of that when I attempt it.

1 comment:

  1. A good job done, I'd say! And I'm sure he appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete