Thursday, January 18, 2024

Day 18 of 2024

Yesterday I thought this was one of the quilts
 I had picked up at an antique mall or estate sale. 
This morning I saw this embroidery on the corner
 and remembered that it came from the Old House. 
The name and date are deceiving
 because one might think it was the name of the maker
 and the date she made it. 
That cannot be the case because the name here is Fireball's mother
 and the date is just one year after she was born.
 Years ago she gave me a couple of quilt tops
 that she said her grandmother made,
 so I am going to guess that it was that same grandmother
 that made this quilt for Fireball's mother when she was a baby.

 

1 comment:

  1. Now this just shows the value of labels! I hope the cleaning process has gone well.

    ReplyDelete