Monday, January 29, 2024

Day 29 of 2024

The main thing that keeps me from working on a particular quilt project
 is not being able to sew little bits at a time. 
I love selecting the fabrics for a quilt. 
Sometimes I will even get them washed. 
The next two bits are what hang me up - pressing and cutting. 
The pressing part is tedious, but the cutting takes a lot of concentration
 to make sure it gets done right. 
This is not really possible when time is short.
Recently I have gotten the fabrics ready for three quilts. 
Today I started cutting. 
I will be making "kits" for these quilts 
so I am able to sit down and sew when time permits.
The above project is the 2024 Temperature Quilt. 
I got all the background, roofs for houses and tree parts cut today.

 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a good plan Sharon, spending the time prepping. I look forward to seeing your Temperature Quilt evolve......I'm thinking of doing one this year too but can't start planning it for a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete