Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Day 38 of 2024

Here's the quilt in question from my conversation with Fireball. 
We were trying to come up with a good winter palette 
for a scrap quilt I plan to make. 
I have lots of scraps.
This top still needs borders. 
I have struggled with what to do for borders because
the border in the original pattern did not appeal to me. 
When I found this yesterday, I found that I had decided on a border, 
done the needed math and cut the fabric pieces. 
Originally intended to be a Christmas quilt by the pattern maker, 
I chose these colors so I could hang it in my hallway in January, 
M's birthday month. 
I think this one might go on the short list of tops to finish. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I made one similar to your but used Christmas fabrics. I sent it to my daughter and at Christmas she hangs it in their great room. I like your idea using a blue palette. It is snowing again tonight, hoping this is the last of it for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete