Thursday, June 13, 2024

Day 165 of 2024

This is not how we planned to spend part of our day today. 
The quick version goes like this: 
About three weeks ago, we had the flooring replaced in this area of the house. 
When the flooring was done the installer hooked the water back up
 but did not turn it back on. 
I discovered this the first time I tried to start laundry after he was gone. 
Fireball turned the water on. 
Fast forward to today. 
I started a load of laundry on cool water setting. 
I opened the washer to add one thing I forgot 
and almost burned my hand in the very hot water. 
I mentioned this weirdness to Fireball. 
I grabbed the two water supply lines and found the hot was very cold
 and the cold was very hot. 
The installer failed to check to see 
if he was hooking the water supply lines
 to the correct spots.
Fireball and I got ready to fix the problem. 
The turn offs are very hard to turn. 
It felt like they were off, but water kept spewing everywhere. 
The laundry room began to flood with water
 as Fireball and I each tried to turn the water off. 
In the end, we got the water to stop, switched the supply lines, 
turned the water back on
 and I was able to finish my laundry with the cool water that I desired. 
I ended up doing an extra load to wash all the towels 
we had to use to mop up all the water. 
I guess the quick version didn't turn out so quick. 
Congrats if you actually got to the end.


 

2 comments:

  1. What a mess that didn't need to happen if the fellow had set the lines properly to start with. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete