Monday, July 27, 2026

Day 209 of 2026

We have a free day before we head back home. 
My plan was to drive north to see two houses I used to live in
 and drive by the schools I attended 
during my thirteen years of living in California. 
Ultimately, considering traffic and other time constraints, 
I decided I would be happy to just visit the closer of the two locations. 
It turned out to be a great decision. 
We had time to walk around the campuses at our leisure. 
My former home has a sale pending so the owner,
 who happened to be there, 
let us come inside and take a self-guided tour. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to reminisce
 and talk about her history there and mine. 

Above is my former high school campus. 
When I moved to Indiana during my sophomore year, 
I remembering being startled that the lockers at my new school
 were inside the building. 
I remember explaining that ours in California were outside 
and my classmates were just as startled as I had been.


No comments:

Post a Comment