Friday, October 14, 2022

Day 281 of 2022

Thank you all for being patient with me
 and to those who reached out to see if everything was ok. 
It didn't occur to me until today 
that I could have commented on the last post to explain. 
Future me might remember this if I ever have trouble again. 
My computer had been giving me trouble for a while 
and I intended to warn you ahead of time that if I went silent for a while, 
that was most likely the cause. 
Of course, I was not quick enough with that message 
and my computer stopped performing the functions I needed in order to post. 
So here we are with a new computer loaded with all my old stuff 
and me trying to learn all the new things
 that have come about in computer land in the last eleven years.

This day I went to a quilt show put on by our local quilt guild. 
Besides all the beautiful, new quilts on display, 
one of my very favorite things is to see the old quilts
 on display in various places.
 This one caught my eye in a vendor booth. 
I asked permission to take this photo, 
which the vendor graciously granted. 
We had a good conversation about this. 
In case you don't know, it is never okay
 to take pictures of or in someone's booth. 
Sometimes the vendor will grant permission
 to take a picture of a quilt on display
 if the pattern was purchased. 
Otherwise, you are taking advantage
 of all their hard work without compensation. 

(picture taken Saturday, 10-8-2022)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment